ESE Parent Survey
School administrators must ensure that ALL parents of students with disabilities (Pre-K-12th grade) are aware of the opportunity to participate in the 2014 FDOE Annual ESE Parent Survey and encourage their participation during the survey period.
- Florida Department of Education (FDOE) Annual ESE Parent Survey is available online to all parents of students with disabilities receiving ESE services in Pre-K through grade 12 at http://www.esesurvey.com/Login.php from February 1, 2014 – May 31, 2014.
- Parents should know that the survey is available in English, Spanish, and Haitian-Creole. All survey responses are confidential. No names will be released in any report.
- School administrators must ensure that key personnel (i.e., ALL teachers of students with disabilities, administrators, counselors, curriculum support specialists, etc.) in their building are aware of the survey. There must also be a plan in place, if needed, to assist parents in using the computer and/or understanding the survey items (i.e., access to a computer, someone to translate for parents who are non-readers or speakers of a language other than English or Spanish, etc.).
- Paper surveys will be made available to parents who are unable to access a computer. Parents requesting a paper survey should be referred to Ms. Keisha C. Robinson at 305-626-3970.
- Additional recommendations to market the survey in your school include the following: place survey link on your school’s website, place information in your schools’ newsletter, send attached flyer home with every student who has an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) in your ESE program, post flyer in your Parent Resource Center, send a monthly Connect-ED message to parents of students in ESE as a reminder to complete the survey, provide opportunities for parents to complete the survey as they attend IEP meetings in your building, and share this information with your PTA/PTSA officers to share with parents at upcoming meetings.
- Technical assistance and support for this statewide project is available from Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System-South and District Parent Liaisons.