How to become a Volunteer
How to Become a School Volunteer
Per school Board policy 2430.1, School Volunteers must be cleared at Level 1 or Level 2, depending on their volunteer activities, prior to beginning any volunteer service.
- Parents, students, employees, and community members who wish to volunteer at a school, region, or District office MUST register online through the M-DCPS portal(s).
- Beginning with the 2016-2017 school year, NEW procedures require:
- All volunteers will be re-screened through volunteer application every school year.
- Ample time for planning volunteer activities (including chaperones) as background screening is no longer instantaneous.
- Four business days for clearance results.
All previous volunteers must re-register online EVERY year!